Do you offer discounts for large ad purchases?What is the policy on refunds? Are ads on third-party servers permitted? What is the charge for text listings? What is included in a text listing? How can my text listing appear first? How can I make changes to my text listing? What are "inquiry emails"?
What is the policy on refunds? Refunds are normally not granted, EXCEPT when rates are increased for ads that an advertiser has in place. In this case, we will notify you at least 48 hours prior to the rate change, and you will then have up to 7 days following the change to request a refund of the funds remaining in your account.
Are ads on third-party servers permitted? Yes, we can accommodate third-party ad servers for banner (CPM) advertising. If you are interested in this option, please contact the Advertising Office for more information.
What is the charge for text listings? There are 2 options for funding text listings.
1) For advertisers who desire a direct link between results and cost, we recommend the Pay-Per-Click option. Regardless of the location on Biz-stay.com, the listing charge is 28 cents per click (i.e. per visitor who responds to your listing and is sent to your website.)
2) Text listings can also be purchased at a fixed annual rate. In this case, the rate ranges from $30 to $250, depending on the popularity of the destination. For example, a listing on our Manhattan page is $250. If you are interested in this option, please contact the Advertising Office for specific rate information.
What is included in a text listing? Text listings are the most cost-effective form of advertising available to accommodation providers.
Paying advertisers receive Premium text listings, which have several features designed to provide more information to travelers and to make your business really stand out:
1. Premium text listings appear first within a page's sub-categories.
2. In addition to your business' name and a link to your website, the listing will also display:
- Logo or small photo (photos get more clicks)
- Telephone number (optional)
- Promotional text
- Map of one location (optional)
- Inquiry email form (optional)
How can my text listing appear first? Unlike a search engine, where there are typically 100's (if not 1,000's) of search results, Biz-stay.com's directory is focused on providing a few of the most relevant listings to our users. Therefore, it is much less important to be listed at the top. Our users will typically take the time to scan all the Premium listings in the section that interests them. The sort order for listings within each section is as follows:
1. Premium listings (with logos or photos) come first, followed by the other listings.
2. Premium listings are sorted alphabetically, either ascending or descending. The determination is random - 50% of the time ascending, 50% of the time descending. In this way, no Premium listing has an advantage over another.
How can I make changes to my text listing? We welcome updates to keep listings current. If you need any changes made to a listing that is already in place, just email our Advertising Office. Please be sure to tell us the title and location of your listing, and provide the new text and/or image file. If your request is sent on a business day, we can usually have the changes made within a few hours.
What are "inquiry emails"? Though the majority of Biz-stay users prefer to contact advertisers directly, a significant number do appreciate the ease of online inquiry forms. At your request, listings can include a "Send an Inquiry" link. When users click this link, they are taken to a form where they can submit their contact info, as well as preferences for accommodation. This information is then sent to the recipients you designate. There are no click charges, or other costs for this service.
Inquiry recipients include a "Processor" - the person who will assist the customer; and up to 3 "Observers" - people who receive "cc" copies of the inquiry email, which are useful for monitoring the performance of the advertising campaign.
The Processor and Observer email addresses can be entered via the "Edit Account Info" link when logged into your advertiser account. In addition, each listing can have its own Processor email address, which overrides the default Processor in the account settings. This is useful for advertisers who serve multiple locations.